Monday, November 21, 2011

Do you attempt to fit into the media's image of beauty?

I hate to say it, but I do...I hate the image that the media is protraying into what is beauty and what is successful.





I go to the gym and weight train, do my hair a certain way, wear contacts instead of glases,I buy designer clothes, partly because I like to, but I would be lying if I didn't admit it was partly because of what others think.





So what is your perception of beauty?Do you attempt to fit into the media's image of beauty?
I think if one gets disillusioned with wat the media potrays then one is in for a run in pain and non satisfaction. I always do wat looks good on me and wat feels good on me when i look in the mirror I see a person satisfied even in the most basic of stuff coz I think I feel good internally when an individual dresses up in designer labels it's not just the label but the stuff u r wearing which makes a difference the same applies when u wear a cheap cloth too but how u feel after wearing anything is wats truly important.





Beauty for me is when ur confident and feel good when u look good from within it reflects out on ur face....Ur keeping fit is wat u shud really want to do for ur sake and not for somebody to admire u when u work out u feel good and ofcourse the onlookers feel good to c u fit and happy but ur working out doesn't make them younger it makes u younger. :D So ur weight training is really reflecting ur health and ur beauty which in turn is keeping ur mind fit. Wehn u make ur hair certain way don't u see to it that it suits ur face ? or the clothes that u wear ur hair matches to the occassion ur dressed up for? So on a whole we shud stress on looking our best with things thats suit our personality not wat the media wants us to do. Fashion is wat ur confident in carrying it confidently and with a pleasure reflecting on ur face which is the true beauty.Do you attempt to fit into the media's image of beauty?
i think that beauty is something different for everyone, but a good heart is what really matters to me.
We all want to be/appear attractive, it's natural. Not fair or really even worthwhile, but normal.





I do what I can, but not as much as I used to!
my percepition of beatuty has nothing to do with the images pushed by the media. I believe beauty is not only on the inside but in the personality. The media are consantly pushing especialy young gurls to believe to be beautiful they have to be a stick, have outstanding features, have the best clothes etc. but if you have all these things it still dosn't mean that people are going to think they are beautfiful. To me the most improtant thing about beauty is to standout from the crowd and to be an individual not a sheep
To achieve that I'd need my own personal team of stylist, hairstylist, nutritionist, dietitian, personal trainer, plastic surgeons, etc.





Sorry, can't afford that. Maybe that's why I fade into the background...

No comments:

Post a Comment