Friday, August 20, 2010

Has any one ever been in a beauty pageant ?

I love beauty pageants .and i have always been told that i would be GREAT at them,alk to some one that has already but i need to talk to someone how knows about this or know someone to talk to about this. PLease HELP !!!Has any one ever been in a beauty pageant ?
Jessica if your serious and can afford it go to patsysmagazine.com that is one of the biggest publications for circut pageants. Just be aware of how much it cost to be competitive. Average Prices-Photo shoot $2000- each photo enlarged and touched up $150- Modeling lessons$150-and up per hour-Hair and make-up for pageant weekend $300--Dress $2000--any other clothing that may be needed???- pageant fees $800-$1500 (each pageant)--travel hotel food about $700 if you drive. Pageants can be fun, stressful and they have the potential of consuming your life. If you have the money to do it right thats the only way to do it. Don't think you can get in and do things cheaper you simply won't stand a chance, just think that everybody thats competing against you spend thousands every month and spend alot of time in their hobby they are all outstanding.Has any one ever been in a beauty pageant ?
Remember no matter what happens, paste that smile on your face.
Me... I did them for about 2 years when I was younger... They get awfully expensive. I wont a few and made it to the world pageant when I was 8 I think. I didn't make the top 10 in the world pageant, but making it there in my first year was a big accomplishment.
my cuz.
I did a few pageants when I was younger. I did the last one about 5 years ago. The biggest thing to consider is the money. Like some other people on here said, it's expensive. You usually can get sponsors to help pay for stuff including the entrance fee but that can be a lot of work. I was in the Miss Teen Indiana pageant and it was $1,000 just to enter. On top of that you have to buy a dress, swimsuit, suit, shoes, make-up and pay for travel and hotel.





It is a great experience if you can afford it. I learned so much from my pageant experiences. It can also be a lot of fun. Preparing for a pageant takes a lot of work and dedication so if it's something you want to do, you need to be prepared to work your butt off. For some pageants you need to have a talent. In all pageants you'll have to be interviewed. Sometimes they interview you on stage and sometimes they do one on one interviews with the judges. If your doing a swimsuit pageant, you'll have to learn to walk in heels while strutting in a bathing suit (not such an easy task). In order to be a successful in a pageant you must be well poised, elegant and eloquent. And that takes practice. It's not easy. Good Luck! It can be one of the best expriences of your life if you choose.





By the way, not all pageants are filled with coniving girls sabotaging each other. Most of the girls are very nice. And by no means is it a way for girls with low self esteem to get on stage and compare beauty. You will never find a pageant winner that is stupid. Most of the girls you encounter just want to make a difference. Winning a pageant is a great stepping stone to help others and volunteer and be a role model for others. Winning takes all around personality, intelligence and beauty on the outside as well as the inside.
nope
My sister did it. They're really sad in my opinion. Women with low self esteem competing on looks. It's horrid. But, note that the contestes are conniving and will do anything to sabotage you to improve their chances. For the talent portion my sister played flute and someone broke off two of her keys. And her pageant friend had her music erased for her skit sequence. Watch your back.
I was in one when I was 15. It was a HUGE money maker for the pageant. With the money from the sponsers and what not, it was crazy. However, I have to admit that I had fun, and I built alot of self confidence. I was a finalist in the speech/talent part. that made me feel good. Would I do it again, or let my daughter do it(shes 11), no.

No comments:

Post a Comment