Friday, August 20, 2010

What do you think of little kids in beauty pageants?

I strongly dislike it. Little Girls at their age shouldn't have makeup on, spray tans, 1000 dollar dresses and a lot of more things. It sometimes turns them into spoiled whiney brats who cry when they don't win oh boo hooWhat do you think of little kids in beauty pageants?
I think it really depends on what KIND of pageant. If it's a beauty pageant that focuses on outer beauty-I'm not for it. If it's a natural pageant that focuses on inner beauty-I'm for it.





It also depends on if the child is wanting to do the pageant herself, or if the parents of forcing her. There's no reason a parent should ever force there child into a beauty pageant.What do you think of little kids in beauty pageants?
Well I think it's ok as long as the young girl wants to be in them. It's dead wrong, however, if a parent is forcing their daughter to be in one of those things. I never could figure out why they spend hundreds on big poofy dresses. Why they buy fake teeth. Why they put way too much makeup on the girls. Etc... I think a simple beauty pageant with just a few girls, no makeup, cute dresses, simple hairstyles, and more talent/intellect sections of the competition would be fine. It's the one's where they make 6 year old look like plastic dolls, that get me. I think those are disgusting. People should let children be children. They can also teach a child the wrong things about life. They can easily teach children that life is all based on looks as well as they have to be the best at every single thing. Which both are completely irrelevent. Once again however, if that's all my daughter wanted to do, I would let her do it, but if she even hesitated about entering one, I would never let/force her to be in one.
A lot of families get into them, I knew a few girls in high school who were ';pageant babies'; when they were younger. I think it's nice, as long as the family doesn't pressure the kids to win, or be something they're not. I just feel sorry for all the young girls who have to wear all that makeup, it's horrible! I think you should enjoy your fresh youthful skin as long as you can, putting all that makeup can only cause fine lines/premature wrinkles,eeeek.
I was in them when I was younger from ages 7 to 10.





The smaller pageants where fun and I made a few friends.


Bigger pageants like the one's on TV where stressful and the other little girls where brats. I hated those.





Sometimes I wanted to be there because of my friends, but other times I really hated having to sit and watch the other kids play while I tryed not to mess up my makeup.





I'd say that pageants are all right in moderation...But A LOT of mom's take it wayyy to serious, when really it should all just be for fun.





In the end, I wouldn't enter my kid in pageants if I had one. I turned out all right... But I still wouldn't waste my money on that crap when me and my kid could be having family fun at Disney or something.
i dont really like the idea because they get upset and alot of the times the parents really push them into it even if they really dont want to. it consumes there life so i dont belive they get to have as much fun as other kids. i have seen the moms on the show '; toddlers in tiaras'; and they really push they kids.
Creepy. Who wants their kid to look sexy? Are they just LOOKING for pedophiles?





Seriously...I don't even know grown women who wear that much makeup and hairspray in a WEEK.





And why would you judge a little girl on her physical apperance? Yes, there is usually a talent section, but they judge by how ';cute/sexy'; she looked while she was doing her talent, not how well she actually did her talent. It's pretty sick.
It's strange and horrible. And the way the mothers of these girls are always insisting that the kid wants to do it, ugh. No, your child just wants you to love them, and this is the only way they think you will...it's not like they walked in and signed themselves up.
I think it's wrong. When kids are growing up your supposed to be teaching them about INNER beauty but in beauty pageants it's all about OUTER beauty. I don't think they do a single good thing for kids.
HORRIBLE!!!! TERRIBLE!!! teaches kids that looks are everything, andf steals the youth out of them!
Its horrible. Why cant they let them be a little kid. They put makeup on them wayyy to much, they put them in hiqh heels. Its like they are shorter versions of 20 year olds.
i think its awful...


well if its like an innocent beauty pageant for fun then its ok, but if its like little miss sunshine, UGH I HATE THAT
i dont think its right


cause what some mums put little girls through to look there best


then they dont win and the girls really upset and the mums wasted loads of money
It's overrated and creepy.
theyre doomed for a life of physiological grief and sense of never being good enough
It's discusting! Young children should not look like they're in their 20's.
creeepy.


they give me the willies.
its super weird
it's so freakin weird
i think that when they grow up they'll be too b*tchy
  • puffy eye cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment