Saturday, July 24, 2010

Exactly how much 'Beauty Sleep' do we need?

I class myself as an insomniac and frequently sleep less than 5 hours per day. I get annoyed with myself for not going to bed when I feel tired because then I suddenly become wide awake and find it hard to shut-off. I must say, however, when I do sleep longer (around 8 hours) I look bloody awful the next morning- with big saggy bags beneath my eyes NOT ATTRACTIVE!Exactly how much 'Beauty Sleep' do we need?
I need 8 hours, minimum.Exactly how much 'Beauty Sleep' do we need?
i need loads. not enough hours in the day
i think about 8 hours a night is enough for your body to function properly, you also need sleep to keep your immune system up.
You need anywhere from 6-10 hours to be completely rested. That's what beauty sleep is really, being and looking rested. The reason your looking ';unattractive'; when you get 8 hours is because you aren't regularly getting 8 hours of sleep. You're randomly sleeping 8 hours which interrupts your body's sleep patterns (what it usually gets) and makes you have the puffy bags and such. I have this problem too and I found that after maybe a week of getting around 8 hours of sleep, I begin to look the way I did when I got say 4 or 5 hours. You have to get a regular cycle of enough sleep for the full effects to show. Good luck!
I need at least 15 hours sleep a day, my liver dosent work as well as it used to.
Each person is an individual, and each needs a different amount. I need about 9 hours, but let your body tell you. To be able to sleep you need a clear conscience and plenty of exercise so that you're actually tired. Don't rely on TV or computer, get out and do something.
about 8 hours a day at the minimum. but if you sleep less then that or more than that you will still be fine.
I hear 8 hours, but i know i dont get eight hours, I guess it depends on how old you are.
i need at least 8 hours!


any less and i look like ive been pulled through a hedge backwards!


xx
wow its usually in reverse for me, sound a bit girly but, just rest not sleep with cucmbers on your eyes and relax, they will take those anti-oxydens right out of your eyes and face, so you wont look to 'bloody awful' lol good luck :)
I get anything between 2 to 7 hours a night / day.
We everyone is supposed to need 8 hours but people develop their own pattern and this can vary considerably as your body adapts.
It depends how ugly you are!
at 9 hours a night we function at our optimum level
Scientific studies say we all need 8 - 10 hours a night. It ages you unnaturally if you don't get this much on a regular basis, affecting our brain functioning, as well. It doesn't show until you are much older, thus fooling you into thinking you are doing well with so little. Then, you seem to age (in both looks and health) much faster than others who have met their sleep needs appropriately. It's the health that kills you, just when others are starting to reap the rewards of their hard work, you don't feel like enjoying it. Really.
I need more than necessary, but I can always get a lil siesta in if in need of a lil beauty sleep!hehe





X
Good call there Frankie, nice answer.





Recent studies (on rats) have actually said that those that get more sleep, die YOUNGER,


something to think about!

No comments:

Post a Comment