Saturday, July 24, 2010

';Pain is beauty'; where or who did this quote originate from?

I'm just curious as to where this quote came from exactly. I plan on using it in an essay, but I can't find a source that claims it. One link said it was in the movie 'Grease' but was that the first place it came from or did they use it from something/someone else too?';Pain is beauty'; where or who did this quote originate from?
I believe the phrase is ';Beauty is pain.';';Pain is beauty'; where or who did this quote originate from?
I think it came from the Victorian era when they used corsets. They thought a small waist was beautiful but it was painful to achieve.





Not 100% sure though. :)
WRITTEN BY JULIE-ANN








and the quote is ';beauty is pain';








when you go to that website kairi, u will see a pic and on the right side there's poems or quotes written by her.
I'm told it's Abelard
This actually started in the original fairy tales, like Arielle. Not the Disney movie but the old old original stories from way back when.

No comments:

Post a Comment